One of our greatest strengths is the constant support of our dedicated volunteers. At Hamilton Family Center, people from all walks of life come together to help families in need become self-sufficient.
We have volunteers helping out at all our sites — from playing and laughing with toddlers to tutoring school-aged children and helping them with their homework, to helping prepare food baskets for families in our permanent supportive facility — to name only a few of the many ways our volunteers help our organization and the families we serve.
Volunteer assignments that involve working directly with families and youth in our programs require a minimum commitment of one hour a week for six months. However, one-time community service opportunities also come up occasionally.
Thanks to the overwhelming number of people who have reached out to us and are donating their time, we only have a few open volunteer positions. If one of these positions interests you, please fill out the volunteer application below and send it to us. Indicate which position / day works best for you.
- Food bank assistant at the Dudley Apartments, Fridays from 11am to 1pm
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) case management support at the Dudley Apartments, hours flexible
- Children’s Program playtime pal at the Dudley Apartments, Wednesdays from 3:30 to 6pm
- Admin support at the Dudley Apartments, hours flexible
- Children’s Program playtime pal at the Emergency Center, Thursdays from 6:30 to 7:30pm
- Sign up to lead a program or two with the teens at the Emergency Center; evenings with flexible days / times
- Translate documents from home from English into Spanish, Arabic, or Russian to support parents at the Transitional Housing Program
Volunteer with a Group
From time to time, we have projects where we can use the help from a small to medium size group of people. Projects could include deep cleaning of our facilities, sanitizing and organizing toys in the playroom, providing a fresh coat of paint to brighten up a room, or taking part in a special event (holiday wrapping or a summer carnival).
If you or your group are interested in volunteering at Hamilton Family Center, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the appropriate link below to open an application.
If you can, please print and complete an application for yourself and each person in your group, and return it by fax to 415. 345.0470 or mail to:
Hamilton Family Center
1631 Hayes Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
Once we’ve contacted you, the next step is to attend a New Volunteer Orientation where you‘ll learn more about Hamilton Family Center and the various volunteer needs across our programs.