Strategic Goals, 2012-2017
Strengthen HFC capacity and effectiveness to reduce the impact of homelessness on families and children by rapidly re-housing them into stable homes.
- Reduce the time that families and individuals experience homelessness by improving effectiveness in HFC’s temporary housing programs, enhancing the capacity of our rental subsidy program, and strengthening services that promote household stability.
- Strengthen HFC program efficiency by implementing a Progressive Engagement service model that matches client support levels to intensity of needs, and ensure program effectiveness through implementing a Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) system.
Advocacy and Communications
Strengthen public awareness of family homelessness in San Francisco and enhance public and private support for programs that end family homelessness.
- Enhance HFC’s visibility and reputation with the public and with targeted audiences.
- Implement an advocacy program involving staff, current and former clients, the Board of Directors, and union to enhance political support for ending family homelessness, for systems change to improve services City-wide, and to participate in national, state, regional and local advocacy for more affordable housing and homeless services.
Staff Support and Development
Build HFC capacity by enhancing professional and leadership development for our employees, Board of Directors and volunteers; strengthening team cohesion and engagement; and providing a work environment conducive to fulfilling our mission.
- Strengthen internal communications and training, enhance talent management and personnel systems, and improve employee recognition, compensation and benefits.
- Ensure safe and high quality facilities, and provide updated technology.
Strengthen agency stability by achieving a financial base for HFC programs and organizational growth that is resilient, stable, effective, flexible, well-managed, diversified and versatile.
- Double the amount of HFC’s revenue from sources other than government by increasing partnerships with community organizations, broadening our base of individual volunteers and donors, and building relations with the San Francisco business community.
- Strengthen cost control systems and reduce operating expenses.
- Achieve fully funded reserves and a positive annual fund balance.